There are some files necessary for the proper working of your computer. Therefore, Microsoft doesn’t want you đồ sộ edit these files. Because of this, you may see a “You need permission đồ sộ perform this action” message on Windows 11/10. Even though it is not an error but it can be a bit frustrating.
Fix You need permission đồ sộ perform this action error
Bạn đang xem: you need permission to perform this action
These are the things you need đồ sộ bởi đồ sộ get around the “You need permission đồ sộ perform this action” message on Windows 11/10:
- Check if you are an admin
- Take Full Control
- Take Ownership of File and Folder
- Add đồ sộ Administrator Group
Let us talk about them in detail.
1] Check if you are an admin
Before moving any further we need đồ sộ make sure that you are the admin. If not, you may face this error with some folders which require administrator privileges đồ sộ open.
So, đồ sộ kiểm tra that, launch Control Panel by Win + R, type “Control”, and hit Enter.
Click User Accounts and kiểm tra the “User” section, there alongside your Profile Picture you will see your Account type. As you can see in the screenshot that my tài khoản type is Administrator.
2] Take Full Control
If you are an administrator and still not able đồ sộ access the tệp tin, you need đồ sộ take full control of the tệp tin or thư mục that’s giving you the message. To bởi that, right-click on the thư mục and select Properties.
Go đồ sộ the Security tab, click Edit, and tick “Allow” from the Full control section. Finally, click Apply > Ok to over things up. Now, try opening the thư mục and kiểm tra if the issue persists.
Related: You require permission đồ sộ make changes đồ sộ this folder
3] Take Ownership of File and Folder
If you don’t have ownership of that particular tệp tin or thư mục, you may face this error. Take ownership đồ sộ get around the issue.
- Ultimate Windows Tweaker will let you add the Take Ownership of Files and Folders easily đồ sộ the context thực đơn.
- RegOwnIt lets you easily take ownership of Registry keys.
4] Add đồ sộ Administrators Group
If you are not a part of the Administrators group, you will face the “You need permission đồ sộ perform this action” error on Windows 10. So, the best solution for you would be đồ sộ add yourself đồ sộ the Administrators Group. If you don’t know how đồ sộ bởi it, follow the given steps.
- Launch Computer Management by searching it out from the Start Menu.
- Now, expand Local Users and Groups and click Users.
- Right-click on the user you want đồ sộ add đồ sộ the Administrators Group, and select Properties.
- Go đồ sộ the “Members of” tab and click Add.
- Type “Administrators” in “Enter the object names đồ sộ select” and click Check Names > Ok
- Click Apply > Ok.
Now, go đồ sộ the thư mục that was giving you the “You need permission đồ sộ perform this action” error and kiểm tra if the persists.
TIP: DropPermission is a freeware that may interest you.
All the best!
Xem thêm: cách phát âm ed bằng câu thần chú
- Windows cannot access the specified device, path or tệp tin error message
- You don’t have permission đồ sộ modify files in this network location
- You’ll need đồ sộ provide administrator permission đồ sộ delete this folder
- You don’t currently have permission đồ sộ access this thư mục or tệp tin.